The fun to make and munch homemade snacks is always special and mouth-watering. The aroma of each ingredients getting fried in our traditionally milled, flavoured oil cant described in words.
Lets proceed to the recipe now.
- 2 Cups of any Millet Flakes/Poha(Buy it from HLP Store)
- 1/4 Cup Peanuts/Groundnuts
- 1/4 Cup Split Bengal Gram
- 1tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds(optional)
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds(optional)
- Green chillies or Dried Red Chillies(According to your spice level)
- Curry leaves – Few Sprigs
- 1/8 Cup Dried Coconut – chopped in small pieces
- 1 tsp Jaggery powder
- A pinch of Asafoetida/Hing
- Salt as required
- Dry roast all the ingredients like sesame seeds, flax seeds, dried red chillies, dried coconut and Hing.
- In few tsps of oil/ghee, fry the Millet poha/flakes. Make sure you fry them on low heat.
- Add few more tsps of oil and fry fennel seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, groundnuts and bengal gram separately.
- In a bowl, mix everything well with dry spoon.
- Store it in an airtight dry container.
Shared by Nalina, HLP WORLD Community