Healthify your snacks!
When I tried Homemade Sathu Maavu laddoos and shared with my friends and family, I got more requests, motivation and confidence to try other varieties of laddoos. No one cannot say no to these healthy laddoos right? 🙂
This time I tried with Unpolished Whole Urad Dal which I bought from the monthly grocery shopping from HLP Store. We all know how Black Urad helps all the women to strengthen their hip region. This is one of the best dishes for the young girls who are nearing / just attained / started puberty.
Also it can be considered as the ultimate post-workout laddoo for the health conscious people! It has the right amount of minerals, energy for your body!
Here is the recipe I followed for making these yummy and healthy laddoos.
- 1 Cup of HLP Store Unpolished Whole Black Urad Dal
- 1 cup Sugar cane Jaggery
- 1 cup A2 ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup crushed nuts/any preferred nuts
- In a pan, dry roast urad dal until it turns crispy, on a low flame without burning.
- After it turns crispy, cool down and make fine powder in mixer along with jaggery powder & cardamom powder.
- If you like the crunchy texture, coarsely grind the urad dal. For kids, it’s better to make it fine powder.
- Add ghee and check the consistency. You should be able to hold the laddoo shape when you roll it with hands.
- You can also coarsely grinded dry roasted cashews to get the nutty flavor or add the crushed ones.
- Roll them into laddus and store them in an air tight container.
Shared by Hima Bindu, HLP WORLD Community