Idlies always makes a perfect healthy and quick breakfast during the rush morning hours. When you pair it with some amazing yummy chutneys it would be a jackpot for your taste buds!
INGREDIENTS FOR IDLY:
- Moong/Green Gram dal – 1 cup
- Urad Dal – 1 cup
- Methi/Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Black Pepper – crushed, as required
- Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Hing/Asafetida powder – few pinches according to the quality and your taste
METHOD FOR PREPARING IDLIES:
- Soak both dals separately overnight. Add Methi seeds in Urad dal.
- The next day grind both separately and mix it together. Don’t add much water while grinding.
- Allow it to ferment for 7 hours +/- according to your climate.
- Before making idlies add salt, water if needed.
- Add crushed pepper, Jeera and little hing
- Mix everything well and make idlies.
INGREDIENTS FOR HING CHUTNEY:
- Tomatoes -3
- Red chilies- acc to your taste
- Salt – TO taste
METHOD FOR HING CHUTNEY:
In a pan, add oil and add 3 chopped tomatoes, red chilies and salt. Sauté everything until mushy. First powder katti perungayam in mixer and then grind the Chutney along with the fried items and then finally make tadka..
It goes well with idly/dosa/paniyaram/curd rice.. hing gives relief from bloating and helps in good digestion.
Shared by Saranya, HLP WORLD Community