Here is a pictorial representation to extract butter from A2/Natti Cows milk. This butter can be used to get healthy homemade ghee (recipe follows).
Ghee made at home with homemade butter gives wonderful aroma and taste than a store bought Ghee and its very healthy. Ghee made out of Holy Natti cow has amazing healing power than the ghee made of Jersey cows.
Click on https://swarnaprashana.org/amazing-facts-about-the-holy-cow/ to know more on holy cow
- Start collecting the Cream or Malai from the boiled cows milk. You will get a good amount of cream when the milk is cooled completely. This can be arrived by refrigerating the boiled milk. Incase you forget to take the malai / cream from milk, you can take it from curd and mix with the rest of the collected malai.
- Store the malai in a Statinless steel container and refreigirate it. You can collect and store the malai for 2 to 3 weeks. Below is the cream/malai which was got from 1 ltr Natti cows milk and stored for 18 days. This quantity yields around 250 gms of butter.
3. If you feel the butter is freezed and hard, jus keep it out until it becomes easy to take it in a spoon. But see to that it is cool, only then you can extract butter easily.
4. Keep 4 cups of water in the refrigerator and allow it to cool for half n hour.
5. Now take half of the cream in a Wet mixie jar and pour 1 cups of cold water. Use the pulse mode and whip the mixture in the mixie until you see the butter floating at the top (refer below pic). This might take 3 to 4 min of whipping. Please see to that the mixture is cold otherwise it would be difficult to take out the butter.
6. Take out the floating butter with your hand and drop it in bowl of cold water.
7. Repeat the same step with the rest of the cream. Once you have collected the butter, wash it well with the water in the which it was dropped.
8. Once washed well the soft homemade butter is ready.
9. Store it in a Stainless steel box and this can be stored for 2 days and can be used to preapare ghee
*Always see to that the mixture cool which will make the process easier.
*If you feel you are not able to collect butter from mixie, jus freeze it for 5 min and whip again.
*We can also use a wooden buttermilk churner for extracting butter from cream or malai, which is one of the ancient and authentic method.
3 thoughts on “Homemade Butter from A2 cows milk”
Where can you get A2 cow milk in bangalore
We do not recommend Milk in our community. you can get all good things from organic veggies.
The same can be made with goats milk as goats milk is high content fat …best time for goats milk is winters