1. Peel skin from ginger and cut it into slices.
2. Grate a lemon using a grater.
3. Pour 1 cup of water in a pan.
4. Add ¼ cup of the ginger slices to it.
5. Add 1½ to 2 tablespoons of grated lemon pieces.
6. Allow the solution to a boil and then keep it in simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Strain the solution and set it aside.
8. Pour 1 cup of honey into a small bowl. Keep a bigger bowl on stove filled with water & let it heat(do not let the water boil). Keep the honey bowl in the warm water and just warm the honey. Make sure you do not let the honey boil.
9. Mix it to the strained ginger solution and mix well.
10. Add lemon juice extracted from 2 lemons and mix it well.
11. Keep stirring the mixture over a double boiler for a few minutes.
12. Turn off the heat and pour the solution into a jar.
Homemade cough syrup is ready now.
½ to 1 teaspoon every 2 hours for children ages 1 to 5 years.
1 to 2 teaspoons every 2 hours for children ages 5 to 12 years.
1 to 2 tablespoons every 4 hours for adults and children older than 12 years.