1. Peel skin from ginger and cut it into slices.
2. Grate a lemon using a greater.
3. Pour 1 cup of water in a pan.
4. Add ¼ cup of the ginger slices to it.
5. Add 1½ to 2 tablespoons of grated lemon pieces.
6. Allow the solution to a boil and then keep it in simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Strain the solution and set it aside.
8. Pour 1 cup of honey into a pan and heat it over low heat. but do not let it boil.
9. Mix it to the strained ginger solution and mix well.
10. Add lemon juice extracted from 2 lemons and mix it well.
11. Keep stirring the mixture over low heat for a few minutes.
12. Turn off the heat and pour the solution into a jar.
Homemade cough syrup is ready now.
½ to 1 teaspoon every 2 hours for children ages 1 to 5 years.
1 to 2 teaspoons every 2 hours for children ages 5 to 12 years.
1 to 2 tablespoons every 4 hours for adults and children older than 12 years.