One of the traditional views of Naturopathy considers all diseases as nothing but a result of morbid toxin accumulation in the body. So by removing these toxins (detoxification), you can regain good health is the belief (provided one also follows the other things required for good health including cultivating a sound mind and physical exercise).
To help in this detoxification, you can prepare a few Detox Waters that can help you maintain good health every day. There are specific Detox Waters depending upon the disease you suffer from. Or, you can just alternate between each of these Detox Waters one day a week and cover all the days and stay detoxed! Don’t over do it though. Listen to your body and follow its wisdom.
Types of Detox Waters:
- Jeera Water
- Amla Water
- Nannari Water
- Rose Water
- Methi Water
- Lotus Water
- Dhania Water
How to prepare and use the Detox Water:
- If it’s Jeera/Methi/Dhania – take 1 spoon. If it is Amla, take one fruit (grate it). If it is Nannari or Rose petals, take a handful. If it is Lotus, take one full medium sized flower (along with stem, petals, etc.)
- Soak the base component overnight in 250 ml of water, preferably in a copper vessel.
- Boil the above mixture the next day morning till the water reduces to half.
- Take off the flame and filter out the solids.
- Dilute the leftover concentrated liquid to 1 or 1.5 liters.
- Sip throughout the day (or as long as it lasts) ensuring it mixes well with your saliva before you swallow.
Benefits of Detox Water:
- Jeera Water helps aid weight loss and also increases the body metabolism. Also, helps in addressing digestive issues
- Amla Water helps address blood-related problems.
- Nannari Water is good at healing urinary issues and balancing pitta in the body
- Rose Water (typically red desi varieties are preferred) helps in reducing acidity and is great for skin problems, balancing pitta, body/mouth adour, and Blood Pressure
- Methi Water is good for helping with diabetes, hair fall, and women’s problems such as white discharge
- Lotus/Dhania Water is very very good for balancing blood pressure (both high and low blood pressure).
If you’d like, you can also add the juice of one lemon to the diluted detox water for more flavor.